Classic auction for a price increase
Antique yazd Rug
Categories: Furniture and carpets
Start and end of bidding: 2020-01-31 To 2020-03-01
Contribution amount for participation: 0.2 $
Auction step: 50 $
Origin (State, Province): South Persia
Age: Mid 19th century
Category: South Persia.
Knots.7 x 7 knots per sq cm
Description of Design and History:
Antique Yazd Rugs – The world of antique Oriental rugs is incredibly vast. Over the centuries, countries in the East from Turkey to China have each developed their own unique methods for weaving rugs and carpets, as well as their own distinctive styles. Indeed, rug making is such an important cultural and traditional practice in certain countries that the specific regions within those countries each developed their own styles. The best such example of this is certainly Persia, from where a great preponderance of the finest antique carpets emerge.
Antique rugs from Persia are almost always referred to by the region where they were woven. “Yazd rugs” are one such example. Halfway between Isfahan and Kerman — both very important rug weaving centers — it is hardly surprising that Yazd became heir to the great tradition of classical Persian rug and carpet weaving. Yazd rugs represent some of the very finest Persian rugs, and are prized for their beauty and impeccable craftsmanship.
All natural dyes are paramount for the carpet to have more than just decorative value. Beyond that, various dyers had varying levels of skill and invested different lengths of time in dyeing the yarns. The “quality of color”–its radiance and level of nuance within each color–is centrally important. Certain rare colors such as Tyrian purple, saffron yellow, cochineal rose and greens add to the carpet’s value.
The terms of participation
- To participate in the Classic auction as a buyer, the user must be registered in the system and confirmed by the administrator.
- On the site, a registered user can go to the auctions section in subsections to select lots and save them to submit documents for participation before the auction starts.
- About the beginning of the selected auctions the user receives in advance notices in the personal office and on the electronic address.
- The buyer can connect to participate in lots of the Classic auction at any time until the close of trading.
- To participate in the auction of the Classic auction, the buyer must pay participation in the auction in the amount of 0.002% of the initial value of the lot.
- After the end of the auction, regardless of the outcome of the auction, the paid amount for participation in the auction is irretrievable.
- The winner in the bidding is the participant who made the last step of the auction, that is, offered the highest price for the lot.
Seller data is available only to the winner of the auction.:
Published on: 2020-01-14