Classic auction for a price increase
Antique Seneh Rug
Categories: Furniture and carpets
Start and end of bidding: 2020-08-05 To 2020-09-04
Contribution amount for participation: 0.5 $
Auction step: 125 $
Origin (State, Province): Northwest Persia
Size: 198 x 137 cm
Age: 4th quarter of 19th century
Knots. 8 x 8 = 64 knots per sq cm
Condition . Excellent . ( Collectable . )
Category: Northwest Persia
Description of Design and History:
Senneh Rugs, produced in Northwest Persia, are prized for their fine, delicate design and their distinctive, weaving technique. Sennehs come in a range allover and medallion patterns, and consequently it is their weave rather than their design that sets them apart. But whatever their design, Senneh rugs and carpets always display a precise, crisp somewhat geometric drawing that corresponds to the precision of the weave. Colors tend to be varied and rich, but soft as well.
Antique Senneh rugs are best known for scatter-sizes that make excellent decorative accent rugs, but they come as decorativein room-sized carpets as well. Certain of the more robust, tribal-looking antique Senneh rugs were probably woven by Kurds.
The finest examples of antique Senneh rugs were created in the mid-1800’s during a golden age of regional carpet production. The exquisite use of color, the fabulous patterns, the outstanding materials and the unique construction techniques make antique Senneh rugs some of the finest produced in Persia outside of royal manufactories. Senneh has a long history of carpet production before commercial companies and exporters entered the market. The carpets of Senneh are unique in their single-weft construction and use of interlaced warps. Even the yarns used in Senneh rugs are of the finest quality and are spun very tightly. The tightly knotted structure produces a very fine and durable surface that is distinguished by a rough, bumpy back.
The village of Senneh, also called Sanandaj, is located in the unofficial province of Iranian Kurdistan. Sennah is also a regional dialect. For these reasons, Senneh carpets are often attributed to Kurdish weavers. Many of the best antique Senneh rugs feature traditional patterns, such as the Gol-i-Bolbol, which have been used in the area for centuries. Antique Senneh carpets are tastefully colored, beautifully composed relics of an era represented by unmatched quality and craftsmanship that is coveted today.
All natural dyes are paramount for the carpet to have more than just decorative value. Beyond that, various dyers had varying levels of skill and invested different lengths of time in dyeing the yarns. The “quality of color”–its radiance and level of nuance within each color–is centrally important. Certain rare colors such as Tyrian purple, saffron yellow, cochineal rose and greens add to the carpet’s value" SGD25000.00
The terms of participation
- To participate in the Classic auction as a buyer, the user must be registered in the system and confirmed by the administrator.
- On the site, a registered user can go to the auctions section in subsections to select lots and save them to submit documents for participation before the auction starts.
- About the beginning of the selected auctions the user receives in advance notices in the personal office and on the electronic address.
- The buyer can connect to participate in lots of the Classic auction at any time until the close of trading.
- To participate in the auction of the Classic auction, the buyer must pay participation in the auction in the amount of 0.002% of the initial value of the lot.
- After the end of the auction, regardless of the outcome of the auction, the paid amount for participation in the auction is irretrievable.
- The winner in the bidding is the participant who made the last step of the auction, that is, offered the highest price for the lot.
Seller data is available only to the winner of the auction.:
Published on: 2020-07-29