Classic auction for a price increase
Categories: Furniture and carpets
Start and end of bidding: 2018-08-09 To 2018-09-08
Contribution amount for participation: 0.02 $
Auction step: 5 $
Origin (State, Province): France
Size: 170 X 110 CM
Age: 2nd quarter of 20th century
Description of Design and History:
This charming small landscape tapestry depicts a vernal woodland scene with a beautiful mountains between a luxuriant flowering shrub on the left and the tree in blossom on the right , lovely forest flowers and plants are ranged along the base of the foreground, while a small bridge is glimpsed on the far banks of a lake in the background, a plain cream skyline behind.. this delightful vista is expressed in delicately light pastel verdure color, with some dark brown areas of shade in the foreground. in contrast to this soft tonality,
the lovely border of country flowers is detailed in slightly richer and more overtly multi-colored shades, including , yellow, gray, cream , and dark green & soft green. the small tapestry of exquisite character, preserved in very good condition.All natural dyes are paramount for the carpet to have more than just decorative value. Beyond that, various dyers had varying levels of skill and invested different lengths of time in dyeing the yarns. The “quality of color”–its radiance and level of nuance within each color–is centrally important.
Certain rare colors such as Tyrian purple, saffron yellow, cochineal rose and greens add to the carpet’s value.
The terms of participation
- To participate in the Classic auction as a buyer, the user must be registered in the system and confirmed by the administrator.
- On the site, a registered user can go to the auctions section in subsections to select lots and save them to submit documents for participation before the auction starts.
- About the beginning of the selected auctions the user receives in advance notices in the personal office and on the electronic address.
- The buyer can connect to participate in lots of the Classic auction at any time until the close of trading.
- To participate in the auction of the Classic auction, the buyer must pay participation in the auction in the amount of 0.002% of the initial value of the lot.
- After the end of the auction, regardless of the outcome of the auction, the paid amount for participation in the auction is irretrievable.
- The winner in the bidding is the participant who made the last step of the auction, that is, offered the highest price for the lot.
Seller data is available only to the winner of the auction.:
Published on: 2018-08-02