Classic auction for a price increase
Sarouk Farahan Rugs
Categories: Furniture and carpets
Start and end of bidding: 2018-08-10 To 2018-09-09
Contribution amount for participation: 0.01 $
Auction step: 1.85 $
Origin (State, Province): Central Persia
Size: 70 X 51 CM
Age: 2nd quarter of 20 th century
Category: Central Persia
Description of Design and History:
Persian Antique Sarouk Farahan Rugs – Antique Persian Farahan Sarouk rugs and carpets that were woven in / around the region called Arak in west central Iran, are remarkable for their ability to combine different qualities and sensibilities. The medallion design customary on so-called Sarouk-Farahans is classically Persian, as is all the minor detail. But the drawing is an interesting combination of suave curve-linearity and geometric styles.
Farahan Sarouk rugs often come close to the angular drawing of Herizes and Serapis, but a much finer scale appropriate to designs of classical derivation. This delicacy of design relates closely to the weaving technique of Farahans, which is relatively tight and fine. The coloration of Sarouk Farahan rugs and carpets tend to be rich yet soft, with emphasis on terracotta reds, delicate blues and greens, and pastel apricots and yellows.
The terms of participation
- To participate in the Classic auction as a buyer, the user must be registered in the system and confirmed by the administrator.
- On the site, a registered user can go to the auctions section in subsections to select lots and save them to submit documents for participation before the auction starts.
- About the beginning of the selected auctions the user receives in advance notices in the personal office and on the electronic address.
- The buyer can connect to participate in lots of the Classic auction at any time until the close of trading.
- To participate in the auction of the Classic auction, the buyer must pay participation in the auction in the amount of 0.002% of the initial value of the lot.
- After the end of the auction, regardless of the outcome of the auction, the paid amount for participation in the auction is irretrievable.
- The winner in the bidding is the participant who made the last step of the auction, that is, offered the highest price for the lot.
Seller data is available only to the winner of the auction.:
Published on: 2018-08-03